The other day there was a knock on my door and a man presented me with this Limited Edition Nike World Juniors Destroyer Jacket. The jacket is extremely #rare, only 15 pieces made to commemorate the 15 Gold medals Canada won at the olympics. The jacket is pretty fresh and I love the use of the colors black and gold. What a great way to represent Canada.
Back in ’06, Nike designers began a mission to re-craft iconic sports apparel in the most technical
materials they could find. The ubiquitous varsity jacket was an obvious choice for the experiment
that would become Nike Sportswear. Raiding the All Conditions Gear (ACG) innovation cache, they
found fabrics, laminates, and bonding methods that could brave nasty weather but still look fresh.
- “Canada” back crest honours the spirit of the 1972 team that wore their country instead of
their names on the back of their jersey.
- Unapologetically Canadian, this original crest cites lines from the national anthem in both
- Classic varsity lettering representing “Canada”.
- Hockey Canada official team mark embroidered in premium gold and black chenille.
- Unique arm crest represents the 15 gold medals won by Canada at the World Junior
tournament and marks 2013 – our chance to bring home gold again.
- Rib mock neck for a comfortable fit
- Contrast leather sleeves and side slit pockets for classic Destroyer style
- Snap flap over zip front to keep out the elements
- Welded zip chest pocket and interior zip pocket for secure storage
- Rib cuffs and hem for a snug fit
- Light insulation and nylon insulation for warmth
- Fabric: Body: 65% wool/35% polyester. Lining: 100% nylon. Sleeves: 100% cow leather.
Fill: 100% Thermore® polyester.
- Leather clean
- Nike Toronto, 110 Bloor St. West, Toronto, ON
- Price: $575 CDN