SMMF: Patagonia Reclaimed Wool Parka @patagonia
Patagonia brings to light a new collection called “Truth to Materials”, which consists of seven pieces that uses, what the brand calls, “radical new methods of manufacturing”.
Instead of using fresh materials, each piece is made from reclaimed or alternatively sourced fabrics – Men’s Undyed Cashmere Snap-T Pullover, Women’s Undyed Cashmere Cardigan, Men’s Reclaimed Cotton Hoody, Women’s Reclaimed Cotton Crew, Men’s Reclaimed Wool Jacket, Women’s Reclaimed Wool Parka, and the Reclaimed Down Scarf.
Featured here is their Reclaimed Wool Parka – This ranch-style parka is a full-zip parka that is made through a process known as garnetting, which shreds discarded wool sweaters into usable fiber, mix the fiber with polyester and nylon for strength and weave it anew.
- Recycled wool/polyester/nylon blend fabric with organic cotton canvas contrast is ultradurable
- Interior recycled polyester taffeta lining protects against wind and slides easily over layers
- Full front zip with protective wind flap
- Flap chest pocket and on-seam drop-in pocket secure essentials
- Climbing cord cinches at top collar and waist for a streamlined, feminine fit
- Body: 15.6-oz 52% reclaimed wool/43% polyester/5% nylon. Contrast: 10-oz 100% organic cotton canvas. Lining: 2.3-oz
- 100% recycled polyester plain weave
Find out more about Patagonia’s “Truth to Materials” process here.
The parka is available online at Patagonia.